Golovanov Oleg Aleksandrovich, Doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, professor, sub-department of interprofessional disciplines, branch of the Military Educational and Research Center of the land forces “Combined Arms Academy of the Armed Forces of RF” (Penza-5, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Makeeva Galina Stepanovna, Doctor of physical and mathematical sciences, professor, sub-department of radio engineering and radio electronic systems, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Shirshikov Dmitriy Nikolaevich, Postgraduate student, branch of the Military academy of maintenance supply (Penza-5, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Gorlov Gennadiy Gennad'evich, Postgraduate student, branch of the Military academy of maintenance supply (Penza-5, Russia), email@example.com
Background. The nanostructured materials, based on carbon nanotubes (CNTs), have attracted a special interest due applications thereof in the fields of microwave absorption and shielding. The goal of the present work is the theoretical research of interaction of electromagnetic waves with arrays of CNTs and the calculation of the effective permeability for the anisotropic CNT nanocomposites in the microwave frequency range using mathematical modeling at the electrodynamic level of rigor.
Materials and methods. Using the numerical method of autonomous blocks with Floquet channels (FABs) the authors carried out mathematical modeling of propaga-tion of electromagnetic waves in the 3D- periodic arrays of CNTs at microwaves. The computational algorithm for determining the conductivity matrix of FAB in the form of a rectangular parallelepipeds, containing CNT, was developed to solve 3D-diffraction boundary problem using the Galerkin’s projection method. The methodology of calculation of the effective permeability of nanocomposites based on the arrays of CNTs was developed based on the effective medium theory.
Results. The authors obtained the results of electrodynamic calculation of the frequency dependencies of the complex effective permeability for the CNT nano-composites, at different orientation of the rf electric field of the wave with respect to CNT axis depending on the CNT filling factor of materials at microwave frequencies of 2–5 GHz.
Conclusions. It is shown that the dielectric losses and the absorption in arrays of CNTs increase due to the conductivity of CNTs, the CNT filling factor of materials, change depending on the orientation of the rf electric field of wave with respect to CNT axis and increase with parallel orientation in comparison with the orthogonal one.
carbon nanotubes, nanocomposite, effective permeability, electro-magnetic waves, propagation, autonomous blocks
1. D'yachkov P. N. Uglerodnye nanotrubki: stroenie, svoystva, primeneniya [Carbonic nanotubes: structure, properties, application]. Moscow: BINOM. Laboratoriya znaniy, 2006, 294 p.
2. Decrossas E., EL Sabbagh M. A., Hanna V. F. and El-Ghazaly S. M. Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), IEEE International Symposium (6–10 Aug. 2012). Pittsburgh, PA, 2012, pp. 428–433.
3. Vovchenko L. L., Matsuy L. Yu., Oleynik V. V., Launets V. L., Zagorodniy V. V., Le Normand F. Nanosistemi, nanomaterіali, nanotekhnologіi [Nanosystems, nanomaterials, nanotechnologies]. 2011, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 759–769.
4. Nikol'skiy V. V. Sbornik nauchno-metodicheskikh statey po prikladnoy elektrodinamike [Collection of scientifical and methodological articles on applied electrodynamics]. Moscow: Vysshaya shkola, 1977, pp. 4–23.
5. Golovanov O. A. Radiotekhnika i elektronika [Radio engineering and electronics]. 2006, vol. 51, no. 12, pp. 1423–1430.